Family’s puppy dies after eating poisonous mushroom


    A Belvedere family said its 15-week-old puppy died after eating a highly toxic death cap mushroom that has become common in Northern California in recent years. Diane Rice, a Golden Gate Avenue resident, said her young lab, Jackson, struggled for two days in a veterinary hospital trying to recover from poisoning from the mushrooms, known as Amanita phalloides, before dying on June 22.

    Read the complete story in this week's Ark. SUBSCRIBE NOW!