"It's too cold for ice cream!" Says who? When's the last time you heard someone say, "it's too hot for soup?" The temperature may drop but your desire for ice cream does not- feed that desire. For all of those naysayers out there, here are 10 reasons to eat ice cream during the winter.
10. When it's cold outside you can eat ice cream without the fear of it melting. No worries about it falling off the stick or running down your arm. And think of all the napkins you'll save! You're welcome, trees.
9. Ice cream can soothe a sore throat. Take two Ibuprofen and a Chocolate Eclair and you're good to go.
8. Ice cream is a perfect compliment to hot deserts. Warm brownie, cold ice cream. BOOM!
7. Eating ice cream makes you feel better, no matter the season. No, I'm not a scientist, but we all know that's true.
6. Oh, so you want to hear from a scientist? How about Peter Poortvliet, Post-doctoral Research Fellow in Neuroscience at The University of Queensland. He cites evidence that shows that ice cream, despite it’s freezing temperature, actually ends up warming the human body when eaten due to its caloric content. "Put on your hat and coat... and grab an ice cream sandwich, it's cold outside!"
5. Shorter lines at our warehouse. We can get you in and out more quickly. Or we can hang out and chat if you'd rather do that. How you doin'?
4. In ice cream you'll find vitamins A, B, B12, C, D, and E. It also contains vitamin K, which helps prevent blood clotting. Ice cream contains carbohydrates, fats, andproteins, which are needed for energy creation. Ice cream contains minerals such as calcium and phosphorus.
You need to take your dang vitamins.
3. When Winston Churchill visited Moscow during the 1950's he saw a line of people waiting outside. When he found out the line was for ice cream he exclaimed, "the Russians will never be defeated". Are you gonna let the Russians beat us in the ice cream race? USA, USA!
2. It's not your kid's fault he was born during the winter; he deserves to have ice cream at his birthday party too. We'll send a truck to your party, you can rent a pushcart, or come by the warehouse and pick up a few boxes. Just let the kid have some ice cream.
1. International Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day is in February. Would the world get together and decide to have this important holiday in February if you weren't supposed to eat ice cream during the winter?