Position: (Full Time) Anchor/Reporter
Reports to: News Director
Station(s) 620 CKRM
Application Deadline: January 26, 2020
Only those candidates selected to interview will be contacted and no phone calls please
There’s always another story to tell and another angle to take. That’s what gets you up in the morning ready to take on the day. 620 CKRM is seeking a versatile team player to join our News Team in the capacity of an Anchor/Reporter. If you’re curious with your questions, confident in voicing them and know how to cut through the spin to the REAL story, we want to hear from you. Our singular focus is on the stories which affect our listeners both in Regina and across Southern Saskatchewan. You know how to find the stories between the lines on Press Releases, and how to work the phones and foster a network of contacts to bring relevant content into the cycle. As we cover a bustling provincial capital you have enough experience in the trenches to know that the daysheet is just the beginning of your duties each shift. It takes the whole team pulling together to deliver a timely product and keep the funnel full.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Report on breaking news stories as they occur across Southern Saskatchewan.
• Actively contribute and suggest story ideas for the aggregated daysheet.
• Prepare and anchor news, sports and agriculture packages as scheduled and during vacation or shift relief.
• Attend press conferences, RM meetings, City Council,Legislature and other press events as scheduled, condensing and writing locally relevant news stories from the information gathered.
• Source and write local and regional news stories through established contacts and all other available sources.
• Post and update social media feeds and station website with relevant content through the life of a story.
• Monitor social media and emergency services feeds for potential news sources.
• Localize regional, national and internationally trending stories for our listening audience.
• Other duties as assigned
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
• Experience with KLZ Newsroom
• Graduate of a recognized broadcast news or journalism program with previous experience in a radio newsroom
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Self-starter that takes direction
• Strong multi-tasking ability
• Team player that thrives in a busy, collaborative environment
• Familiarity with social media and formatting stories for online distribution
• Curiosity and the ability to ask "the next question"
• Flexible schedule
• Must have a valid driver's license and provide a current drivers abstract
Please send your resume & demo to:
Abbey White – Program Director 620 CKRM
Harvard Broadcasting Regina
The Wolf / CKRM / MY92.1
Please put “Anchor/Reporter” in your subject title.
Harvard Broadcasting Inc. values diversity in its work force and is committed to Employment Equity