10 Wedding Hacks to Save you Time and Sanity
Instead of spending you entire wedding day worrying, try to plan for the worst. It’s not the best to be a downer but if you consider the challenges in advance and prepare they won’t be challenges at all. While a wedding planner can help big time when it comes to these wedding day worries there are a few precautionary hacks you can learn to aid yourself when it comes to having a worry free day.
1. Veil Weights. If you are determined to have your big day outside plan on picking up some veil weights. These often not mentioned bridal dress accessories will be your best friend. Wind and weather will put a big damper on your day or even photos so be sure to plan accordingly!
2. Cheap Glassware. Your floral is usually eye-catching while a vase is often no more than a container so why spent a fortune on glassware. Try piking up your vases, jars and other containers at a dollar store or second hand store. Bringing your chosen vases to your florist can save massive amounts on your floral budget.
3. Saving on Sound. Venue sound systems may not always be the best and in some cases don’t exist at all so having a professional is always a good idea. However to save on costs opt for using the sound system if provided connected to a music device during your ceremony or cocktail hour when the music is merely background. Save your money for the reception when music plays a more vital role.
4. Address Stamps. It can take forever sitting and writing out your address on more than a hundred invitations. Make the investment in an address stamp to save your time and sanity when writing out your envelopes. Be sure if you go this route to purchase your stamper well enough in advance so you have it when you need it!
5. Change Your Day of. If you are looking to save on your venue be more open about your day of the week. A Friday or Sunday wedding can come out much cheaper than a Saturday affair. While you should care about those who can make your wedding, don’t worry so much about guests when it comes to your chosen day. Those who really want to be there will make it.
6. Hand Canceling. You spend a lot of money on invitations and it’s a shame when they get bent or creased in the mail. Ask your local post office if they can “hand cancel” your invites. Instead of going through a machine, each invite is marked and sorted by hand helping protect those all-important invitations.
7. Perfume Repellent. If you are worried about bugs at your wedding due to the ceremony being outdoors opt for a more subtle fragrance as strong perfumes can attract insects. If you want to go the extra step find a perfume that acts as an insect repellent. They are not always the easiest to find but they do exist!
8. Stretching Shoes. If your shoes are a little snug you can try stretching them with ice to provide slightly more room so your shoes aren’t fighting you when the big day comes. Fill Ziplock baggies with water and put them in each shoe. Put the shoes in the freezer and as the water solidifies and expands it will also expand the shoes.
9. Page Marking Seats. Many brides say the seating chart can be one of the hardest parts of arranging their wedding due to family drama and relatives needs and requests. To save yourself time and energy use sticky notes and page markers to arrange your seating chart so you don’t have to reprint and rewrite with every redo.
10. New Shoe Sandpaper. If you are investing in new shoes for your day of make remember the bottoms are far more slippery when new. To combat this use sandpaper to rough of the soles. Creating texture will help the shoes grip better and reduce slippage.