Autumn is the time of year you should break out the crock pot/Instant Pots and savor the moments. Honestly, these apparatuses are key for the working mamas and the moms who juggles her time between pick ups and drops. Here are five NO FAIL Meal options that are always a hit and can be cooked in a slow cooker or Instant Pot.
1. Chili - In my house I love to cook chili during those brisk autumn and winter days. Most one pot dishes you have the liberty of being creative. You can be creative with different vegetables and various kinds of beans.
2. Noodle Soup - This dish doesn't cause for much creativity, however it is a pretty straight forward dish. Adding extra vegetables like carrots, spinach, onions and green peppers pair well.
3. Loaded Mac and Cheese - Dismiss what you initially think of mac and cheese think of it as delicious meal. Load you mac with shrimp and broccoli.
4. Pasta - This is an oldie but a goodie. I love to make one pot pasta dishes because they are hearty meals and comforting. Whether you are a marinara, Alfredo or butter sauce person, pasta gives you the liberty to really load up the dish with vegetables, your choice of meat (or not) and spices. If you are more health conscience, you can substitute the pasta for spaghetti squash or spiraled squash and other substitutes.
5. Potato Soup - Think of potato soup like a loaded baked potato. You can add toppings and it is a hearty meal that is quick and easy to prepare in a crockpot. Sour cream, chives, bacon (if thats your thing) and cheese.
I could have grabbed recipes from online for you guys because honestly, I don't write them down when I cook. However, BE CREATIVE! Most Crockpots and instant pots do a great job of pre-set options for you to use. The magic is all in the way you spice it up! Tag me in your Crock Pot/Instant Pot dishes.