Operations, Investment Banking Operations, Banking Investing Lending Ops, Analyst/Associate
25 Jul 2019
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Investment Banking Operations provide operational support throughout the lifecycle of a Corporate Advisory or Financing Deal. The department is structured as five functional teams within Asia, Europe and the US, including locations in Bangalore and Irving. The teams are set up to manage each deal through client onboarding, logistics of marketing, deal execution, settlement and invoicing of fees and expenses.
Principal responsibilities of the IBD Client Onboarding team are:
• Conduct Anti-Money Laundering (AML) checks as part of onboarding for Goldman Sachs to meet its Anti-Money Laundering (AML) compliance obligations and other regulatory requirements.
• Work closely with Engineering to design new system enhancements to improve efficiency and control,
• Work with Compliance to define and implement firm policies and controls.
• Provide timely advice to IBD and clients on the KYC and account opening process.
• Provide a control framework to manage the operational risk of the business.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Contacting clients and the business to obtain AML information and documentation.
• Answer queries on accounts and client relationships from IBD
• Project management ranging from small enhancements to large-scale, global projects
• Ensuring all communications are of the highest professional standard to maintain client service excellence.
• Timely and effective escalation of potential relationship issues and devising possible resolutions.
• Taking responsibility for delivering against commitments.
• Participate in regular meetings with the program team to maintain clarity around workflow, develop required reporting and identify and implement efficiencies.
• Strong communication skills, able to clearly articulate complex ideas
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Effective team player, with the ability to build networks
• Self-starter, able to work towards targets with minimal supervision
• Solid understanding of basic capital markets functions
• Commercial awareness, able to understand the impact of the role on client experience and firm profitability
• Ability to drive projects and programs across the team
• Mandarin / Cantonese / Japanese language skills (not mandatory)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products; skills in Business Intelligence tools (Alteryx, Tableau, RPA, AI) will be beneficial
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?